Did you know that approximately 25 percent of U.S. citizens have tattoos? In fact, it is estimated that many of these individuals will want to have their tattoo removed at some point in life. Fortunately, for anyone who wants to remove a tattoo, lasers can now be used to eliminate or remove the tattoo with minimal side effects.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
For many people tattoo removal is a life-changing experience. Whether you want to remove a tattoo for your wedding or need to remove it for sentimental reasons, laser tattoo removal is the latest, most effective technique. It works by breaking up the pigment colors of a tattoo. It uses a high-intensity light beam that is set to specific wavelengths. In fact, black and blue colored tattoos can be absorbed by virtually any laser wavelength, which makes them the easiest to treat. All other colors can be treated with a select type of laser that is matched to the pigment color for the best results.
Are There Any Side Effects to Laser Tattoo Removal?
As with any bodily procedure, there are a few side effects that can occur when you choose to have a laser tattoo removal. The minimal side effects that might occur, include:
- The potential for an infection, if the tattoo removal site is not properly cleaned and cared-for after your laser treatments.
- Depending on the quality of your tattoo, the colors used, and the length of time that you have had the tattoo, there is a slight chance that a laser might not be able to completely remove the pigment.
- Some people might be at a risk for hypo-pigmentation, which is a condition where the skin where the tattoo used to be is slightly paler than the surrounding skin.
- New laser removal technologies have very little risk of causing scarring and often achieve the best results.
- Laser removal is often considered to be less painful and safer than other tattoo removal techniques.
Determine If Laser Tattoo Removal Is Right for You
Are you ready to say goodbye to a tattoo that you no longer want? If so, contact the experts at Metropolitan Vein and Aesthetic Center at 914-295-2202 to determine if you are a good candidate for laser tattoo removal. The Metropolitan Vein and Aesthetic Center will work with you to create a customized approach to remove your unwanted